For my younger brother

October 12, 2008
Tomorrow my younger brother will take his Nursing Aptitude Test (NAT). It is a requirement for second year nursing students in our school if you want to proceed to your third year. The results will be next year around January and February. I am a bit worried for him. When I took my NAT I reviewed at a review center. But he did not take any review sessions. This NAT has been a vanity at our school for several years. The administration would dictate how much number of students they will take for the next year and the rest would be forced to look for another nursing school or wait for a year and retake the NAT exam. So if there are around 800 second year nursing students this semester and if the administrators would dictate to just take the top 300. Well there's nothing else to do but look for a new nursing school. And a popular option would be West Negros College, Filamer and St. Gabriel School of Nursing. No nursing school in Iloilo would take in the "rejects" as you may call it. Which is sad for families and aspiring student nurses. I won't wonder why if ever the schools enrollment statistics would decrease dramatically for the following years to come. I wish and pray all the best for my brother. May he and his batch pass the exam and hope to see them reach their level 3 and graduate as a Centralian Nurse.

0 comments: