Avast! Anti-virus Boot Time Scan

January 5, 2011
These past few days my computer is very laggy and webpage loading speed is like the stone-age. I don't know what's causing it. I can't open yahoo messenger too. I have tune-up utilities with one click maintenance and avast as my anti-virus. When I run both, it doesn't show any virus or problems in my computer. I reached the point of desperation that I need to surf the net with a good pc running and all my efforts to try correct it was futile. I have no background with computer stuff so I'm just trying to try and fix things without spending money to bring it to some technician.

I was checking what else I can do with Avast. This is what I found.
BOOT TIME SCAN
The boot-time scan is one of the main weapons of avast! It runs before Windows is loaded and before potential malware has a chance to activate, thereby enabling an infected system to be cleaned before any damage is done. Moreover, the avast! boot-time scan uses direct hard drive access, which bypass the OS file system drivers and is thus able to handle even the most stubborn rootkits.
I highlighted the phrases which made me to try it out. The results? I had over 2000 files infected with Win32: Relevant-M [PUP] and most of it are Win32: Sality. I was amazed that I have this many infected files. After the scan and deletion of these unwanted files. My computer is all fine in loading and no longer laggy! I wish I did this earlier last year. It doesn't pay to be ignorant.

Avast! Boot-Time Scan is simply wonderful!

How to let it run?
If your using Avast too then open it.
Go to "Scan Computer" then look for "Boot Time Scan".
Simply click the "Schedule Now" button.
Then in the "Areas to Scan" just choose "All hardisks".
Also don't forget to set Heuristics sensitivity to HIGH. It's this easy.

0 comments: