All Souls day and family

November 2, 2008
We live in Jaro, and we usually spend our all souls day here where most of my mother's relatives are. We never had any much contact with our father's side of relatives before. Prior to all souls day we we're invited to come to Zarraga where my dad's relatives on his maternal side are because one of my uncles had arrived from Afghanistan and my grandmothers wants to have a little family reunion with the occasion. I for one don't want to miss such a reunion. It's a good time to know who you are related too. When me and my brother arrived there it was passed lunch time. We ate, drank and played cards. Talked to my uncles who are around my age and I'm happy to see the family. It was getting dark and before we head off home we accompanied our grandmothers go to the cemetery to bring flowers and pay our respects. Along the way we we're introduced to more of their relatives who are heading off home themselves. At the cemetary we we're shown the resting places of our forefathers. But the introduction to relatives did not stop there. Beside the mausoleum was also a relative. Funny, they had a nurse who works in the hospital I'm having my intern in. And I remember going on duty in that area. We had a couple of laughs and was properly introduced and a little trace up of what is the exact blood relationship we have. Another funny thing is that A classmate of mine passed by and I was surprised that his mother was called by my grandmothers. The guy was a good friend of mine in first year. We got separated because of our school alphabetical sectioning system and we see each other at school sometimes. What a small world! We are blood related, hahaha. We we're arranged to go home with them as they are on they way to go back to the city. Before departing my grandmothers caught the attention that me and Micheal we're classmates and never knew we were relatives until that moment. So they want to hold a family reunion on December 25 where many of our relatives go home and spend the holiday. And for the purpose of having all the family being introduced properly. They even giggled on the idea that maybe their grandchildren are being intimately involve (bf and gf)with each other not knowing they are relatives. So after that we headed off home. And we see each other again on Christmas. When we arrived home, our mother and family is already praying the all souls novena we do every year. The foods are set on the table and we joined them pray. After that told them what happened during our stay in Zarraga. A few neighbors came by and we ate together and pretty much had a great time.

0 comments: