Bookstore... books! books! books!

November 10, 2009
I was in a bookstore the other day, and today or later on for that matter I'm talking to myself "WHAT THE HELL am I doing in there??" It's not my typical hang-out place when I have nothing to do and roaming the city for unwinding sessions. Ok so enough of the rudeness in me. I happened to ask the saleslady for a reviewbook about a certain concept in the field I am in to. I did a quick look and I was surprised! The questions were sooooo similar to our major exam questions the other year, the situations, the choices, the drugs almost everything!. In the midst of the shock I got (yes I was shocked, I'll tell you why), I immediately purchased that book. Went home and tried to finish reading it which later was in vain. It ended up in a corner of my room left to collect dust for eternity! Bwahahaha (Ok that was being sarcastic in a sick way).

Ok, to be serious. I almost did finish reading it until I got caught up trying to meet deadlines with requirements. I said I was shocked because I never knew about it in the first place or no good soul bothered to tell about it. It could have helped me bigtime back then. I then bought a another review book about another concept and after having a fixed time of reading these books everyday, I find myself understanding things better than I did before. Now I have set my mind to buy another book this weekend if I manage to save more money from my allowance.

The moral of this incident is. "Reading a lousy-looking book is not soo bad until you get the message it was intended to relay" and "It pays to invest in study material"

0 comments: