Ever bother to develop your typing speed?

November 10, 2008
So have you ever bothered to develop your typing speed?

We were taught the proper way to type using the keyboard, especially which finger to use for every letter. But sadly I did not pay much attention into doing it properly. I thought as long as I can type what I want to type that's enough for me. Presently I can type 16-24 words per minute depending on the word being typed properly. I never imagine that I would be relearning it. So I mentioned about Medical Transcription in my other blog post. At first I never bothered about it. As time passed by, I kept hearing about it. I still have a few time to spare to look into it. So I did a google search. To summarize, Medical Transcriptionist acts as a doctors' typist. They are responsible for putting into writing patients' medical records and transcribing doctors reports. When I read about it, I was optimistic that I can a job like. I have transcribed a doctors order before. So I got really interested I went over a few schools and checked if they offered Medtrans. I found this school and the tuition is 17,000 pesos. You pick your schedule either regular morning and afternoon class good for 3-4 months or evening class good for 5-6 months. I paid the downpayment, but I'm not sure if we can spare money for the next payment. So I immediately emailed my cousins asking if they can cover up the remaining balance to be paid the following month. I got an immediate response asking if I am shifting course from nursing. So me and mom managed to talk things with them and I got my benefactor! Yey! Thank God for my cousins! We already owe them a lot. So today is my first day, we started out on improving our typing speed,. My hands are a bit stiff now. I never thought it would be difficult, but I believe I would benefit out of it. The goal is to be able to reach the to be able to reach 40 words per minute with an accuracy of 95%. So I need to improve. But I am am looking forward for the pharmacology and anatomy lecture. Hopefully it would help me refresh my learnings in nursing with the mentioned subjects.

0 comments: